viernes, 25 de mayo de 2012

Office garden


Finally after over a month of constant rain the sun has arrived. I was beginning to doubt that I was in Spain but instead back in my childhood days of rainy England. All through the winter people told me that the summers here are too hot, but shivering in three jumpers and toes frozen all I could do was hope that the warm weather actually would arrive.

And here it is, the weather I have been waiting for for the past 3 and a half months. The sun shine and heat. And with the weather comes a period of being outdoors, socializing, and more fresh veggies in the shops. But did you think about the fact that you can also grow vegetables at home? It´s time to start your urban garden!

We have just started a little urban garden in our office to provide ourselves with among other things, strawberries, fresh tomatoes, lettuce…Well the tomatoes will yet take a few months but will be well worth the wait to pluck lovely red tomatoes off the branch and add it straight to your sandwich!

We only bought organic soil and organic plants free from harmful chemicals, go to your nearest health food shop to buy or inquire about buying organic plants!

Tomatoes and bell peppers
I will be updating with pictures of how the plants are growing. Read my article on urban gardening and get your urban garden started!

In the far corner; strawberry and lettuce plants

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario