martes, 17 de abril de 2012

A day in the life...


In a slightly cramped but cosy office is where I spend my mornings from 9-14. The office of the Youth Council of Navarra (el Consejo de la Juventud de Navarra) is a pleasant 15 minute walk from my house. My coworkers are all very friendly and the atmosphere in the office is relaxed. I was fortunate enough to be delegated to work with sustainable development which is one of the things I am most passionate about. It is wonderful to be able to do my hobby at work, researching, learning new things and working on interesting projects.

My first project was compiling information on an event called Elkaso. The statistics consisted of the ages of people attending, their sex and by which means they travelled to the event (bus, car, bicycle etc.). I also calculated the carbon emission for everyone travelling to the event so that we could plant trees to compensate for the carbon footprint. While working out the distances of travel to calculate the carbon footprint I also got to learn some of Pamplona´s suburbs. Places like Burlada, Villava, Rotxapea, Mendillorri, Barañain. It is very useful to know some of the local geography so as not to be totally lost when people tell me where they live. Also on my morning walks to work I can enjoy recognizing the destination of most of the buses.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario