miércoles, 18 de abril de 2012

Home sweet home...






Ver mapa más grande
2.500km from my home island of Gotland to my present home in Pamplona! 


Some 2.500km north-east of Pamplona is my home of Gotland.

Gotland is Sweden´s largest island and also the largest in the Baltic Sea. 60.000 permanent residents inhabit the island, 20.000 of which live in Visby, the islands largest city. Gotland relies extensively on tourism and in the summer the population escalates to 200.000 with tourists and summer residents.

Visby, Gotland´s largest city  


Well what do all the tourists come to see?
Gotland has a lot of history from the medieval ages and is one of Sweden´s sunniest places with a beautiful coast crammed with beaches!


The medieval wall that surrounds Visby

Ygne beach on the west coast of Gotland



This brings me smoothly to my next task which was to write an article about the eco-village on Gotland (which also is the organisation that arranged for me to do my EVS in Spain). Well I think I need not say more, read the article!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario